- Download Cab File and extract mdmp file
- As you can see in above image we have set symbol path as environment variable. We have set “http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols” path which is a link for Microsoft Symbol Server.
- Open WinDBG using "WinDBG -y" command
- As you can see in above image you get a command line at bottom of screen with text “0.000>”.
- Turn on the noisy symbol loading mode using “!sym noisy” command. This command instructs the debugger to display information about its search for symbols.You can find more about this command from following link
0.000> !sym noisy
- Use .reload command to delete all symbol information for the specified module and reload these symbols as needed. Using “/f” parameter with .reload command will force the debugger to load the symbols immediately.
0.000> .reload /fYou can know more about this command from following link
- Use “KV” command to get stack frame information. It displays frame pointer omission (FPO) information.
0.000> kvYou can find more about this command from following link
- Use “!analyze –v” to get information about current exception or bug check with verbose output.
0.000> !analyze -vYou can find more about this command from following link
Other Useful link